Source: Disney Parks Blog Posts.
So many incredible things happened at Disney Parks around the world this year, from major anniversary celebrations to attraction openings, 2015 is truly a year to remember.
Here are our top 10 highlights:
- Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Begins – The Disneyland Resort celebrated 60 years of magic in 2015 by debuting three new nighttime spectaculars: “Disneyland Forever” fireworks, “Paint the Night” parade, and “World of Color – Celebrate!“
- Star Wars-Themed Lands Announced – Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced plans for two Star Wars-themed lands to be added to Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Read the official announcement for more.
- Toy Story Land Plans Announced for Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Crowds at the 2015 D23 Expo were surprised and delighted to hear that plans for a Toy Story Land for Disney’s Hollywood Studios are in the works.
- New Star Wars Offerings Debuted – Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios both welcomed new Star Wars-inspired offerings in late 2015, including Star Wars Launch Bay, enhancements to the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction and more.
- Hatbox Ghost Reappeared in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park – After decades in hiding, the Hatbox Ghost reappeared inThe Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park. Take a behind-the-scenes look at his appearance here.
- Jungle Skipper Canteen opens at Magic Kingdom Park – For Disney Parks fans who can’t get enough of The Jungle Cruise, now there’s the Jungle Skipper Canteen restaurant, which just opened its doors in December at Magic Kingdom Park. Check out Pam’s review of the menu items here.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto & Tiki Bar Opened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Disney fans rejoiced when Walt Disney World Resort finally got a Trader Sam’s! Offering quirky atmosphere and views of Seven Seas Lagoon, Sam’s dishes out drinks and snacks that are unique to only this location.
- Downtown Disney Renamed Disney Springs – This shopping/dining area has been transformed over the past year to feature some amazing new dining spots, like Morimoto and The Boathouse, terrific bars like Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar, and cool shops like The Ganachery and many more. Although more expansions are planned, the area was officially renamed Disney Springs in 2015.
- Magical Enhancements At Matterhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan’s Flight – Two classic Disneyland park attractions were plussed up this year with new enhancements, including additional special effects at Matterhorn Bobsleds and new figures of the Darling children and a moving Thames River at Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows Opened – Disney Vacation Club celebrated the debut of its latest property this past spring with the opening of Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Year In Review: 10 Moments That Made Disney History in 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog